Days: 21 Days
- Full services of a Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
- 20 breakfasts, 20 lunches, 20 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
- All transport (minibuses/coaster buses, jeep, boat)
- 20 nights' accommodation (15 in hotels, 2 in wooden mountain cabins and 3 on a houseboat)
- All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and activities as per the itinerary
- A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through our office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
China, Pakistan & India - This totally unique itinerary takes us on a wonderful journey along the southern branch of the Old Silk Road. Starting in Kashgar where we will witness the famous Yakshmbe Bazaar - otherwise known as the Sunday Market - we will continue through the stunning mountains of northern Pakistan to the tranquil foothills of the Indian Himalayas.
On a journey that traders, warriors, poets and pilgrims have been taking for millennia we will drive the famous Karakoram Highway - the eighth wonder of the world - through Hunza and the beautiful Fairy Meadows and on to Lahore. From here we will cross the border to the Sikh’s holy city of Amritsar, visit the Golden Temple and then head to the mythical land of Kashmir to relax in the mellow forest-clad mountains and on the region's tranquil lakes.
All in all, this is an amazing adventure: a journey through a part of the world that will stay with you long after you have finished your travels...
- Follow one of the Southern Silk Road routes in China and the Karakoram Highway through Pakistan to India
- Experience Kashgar’s livestock market, a Sunday tradition dating back 2,000 years, in China
- Witness the closing of the gate ceremony at the Wagah border between India and Pakistan
- Take in the dramatic mountain scenery of Hunza and Fairy Meadows in Pakistan
- Visit the Golden Temple of Amritsar, India, an important Sikh pilgrimage site
- End the tour on a houseboat in the picturesque lake town of Srinagar, India.